The growth of residential developments in the Philippines and the varying needs of residential market have given rise to the different types of condominiums in the Philippines. High-rise, mid-rise, low-rise, and garden-type condominiums have sprouted everywhere in the country, usually depending on the location of the condominium. Let’s take a quick look of how these types of condominiums differ from each other, including their pros and cons, to help you know which type of condo is best for you.
- offer great views of the city, especially if you are on the higher floors;
- are usually situated in urban location where you can also find great access to public transportation, big shopping malls, restaurants, and more;
- have more services and amenities, including restaurants, convenience stores, shops, laundry service, swimming pool, fitness center, secured access, security systems, elevators, and underground parking;
- provide more condo unit layout and size options;
- have concierge and doormen to assist you anytime;
- typically (but not always) have higher monthly dues due to more maintenance work involved;
- does not provide as much privacy as you can hear the noise from nearby units;
- does not feature private outdoor ground space; and
- have problems with bulky furniture and fixtures
- are usually made up of 4-6 stories that are mostly situated near, but not in the heart of the city;
- have better outdoor space than high-rise condominiums;
- have some of the advantages of high-rise condominiums, such as proximity to public transportation, elevators, security systems, secured access, and more; and
- does not provide as much variety when it comes to unit types compared to high-rise condominiums.
- More like a townhouse
- have more outdoor space than mid to high-rise condos;
- usually with garage where you can wash your own car unlike in high-rise underground parking where self-car-washing may not be allowed;
- have very limited variety of units to choose from; and
- great for older age group that loves privacy and quieter locations.
- usually detached type of condominium living with landscaped or pool surrounding area;
- provide the most privacy among all condo types;
- usually have exclusive outdoor space; and
- great for those who love to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city, especially the older ones.
Choosing the type of condominium all depends on your needs and your wants. If you want proximity to almost everything that a city offers plus the view, then mid to high-rise condominiums are great for you. If you want privacy and more exclusive outdoor space, then low-rise and garden-type condominiums would be otherwise great for you.